Whether you’re hosting a last-minute party or have hungry little ones at home, there’s no harm in having an extra dip lying about for those emergency fries or sandwiches. And better still if it’s homemade. Here, we give you a speedy recipe idea using Healthy Oil – 100% avo oil – that won’t have your mayo taste like avo.
Makes: 1 jar
You will need:
- 3 eggs, yolks only (save the whites for an omelette, meringue or cocktail. Whiskey sour, anyone?)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cups Healthy Oil
- Add yolks to a food processor, sprinkle with salt. Pour in lemon juice and water.
- Close and pulse a few times to combine, and then turn it on. Pour in half a cup of Healthy Oil at a time, slowly and steadily, until the consistency thickens and all the oil is incorporated into the yolks. This will take around two or three minutes.
- Serve with hot and crispy fries or and pop into a jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
When you’re done (deservedly) patting yourself on the back for pulling off the tastiest mayo in town, you should know that in buying a bottle of Healthy Oil, you’ve also just saved 30 avocados from going to waste. Find out more about our avo rescue mission here, and check out our homemade pesto and vinaigrette recipes for more quick and easy ideas using Healthy Oil.