Is there anything that a bite of chocolate won’t make better? Date night? Chocolate mousse. Down day? Chocolate ice cream. Dinner party? Chocolate fondant.
Now, what’s bound to get tongues wagging is a homemade chocolate dessert. So whether you’ve someone special in mind or simply feel like spoiling yourself, why not try out this decadent, gooey (dare we say healthy?!) black bean chocolate brownie recipe from the amazing Nadia Neüman-Game:
Makes: 9 brownies
You will need:
- 200g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 150g raisins
- 2 tablespoons Healthy Oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 Personal Protein vanilla flavour shots
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Spoon the batter into a brownie tin lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and cut into cubes
Freeze to have something delicious on hand for any last-minute desserts.
And if you’re after an oil to bake – or fry, bbq, or roast – with we’ve got just the thing: Healthy Oil. 100% avocado oil: a sky-high smoke point, omegas 3, 6 and 9, and your daily dose of vitamin C in just one spoonful. It’s also pressed from ‘ugly’ avos only; those rejected from supermarkets for not making the beauty grade. Now. Doesn’t that make eating dessert so much more guilt-free?