What data do we collect?
We collect the following data to provide and improve our products and services:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number
- Billing information such as your bank details and billing address, though we do not maintain this information on our servers
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you access our site via said networks
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data in the following ways:
- Directly from you, including via our website, social media, email, and other electronic messages between you and us
- Indirectly from you, via automated means (such as our servers logging your IP address and related information)
- From third parties and through technologies like cookies and web beacons
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order
- Identify and communicate with you (including marketing and promotional communication)
- Monitor, analyse and improve our website, social media, and our products and services
Soilmates may share your data with partner companies.
When Soilmates processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Soilmates securely stores visitor and customer data via Google Analytics, a third-party service provider. Google Analytics uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which instructs browsers that support HTTP over SSL (HTTPS) to use that encryption protocol for all communication between end users, websites, and our servers. The HTTPS encryption affects all traffic from supported browsers.
Third-party service providers
Google Analytics, our web analytics platform, may use third party analytics and advertising cookies to help create reports on visitor activity and demographics, and to be able to present you with content tailored to your interests. The information collected through the use of analytics may include your IP address, the website from which you visited us, the type of device you used. You can opt out from the use of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On.
TransIP, our hosting server, may store basic information. You can find out more about what and how they store this information, here.
WooCommerce is our e-commerce service provider. The platform stores customer information once a sale is made. You can find out more about what information they store, and how they store it, here.
If you register with us through or connect with us via a third-party social media network (such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn), we may obtain certain information about you from the relevant social media network, such as your user ID and/or user name, and the information contained in your public profile on the social media network. The specific information we obtain depends on your privacy settings on the applicable social media network.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our site, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of those features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers. Soilmates is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
We’d like to send you information about products and services in the form of a newsletter. You have the right to stop Soilmates from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
What are your data protection rights?
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Soilmates for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Soilmates correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Soilmates to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Soilmates erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Soilmates restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Soilmates’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Soilmates transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us here.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit aIIaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Personalising and targeting advertising based on browsing history
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functional — These cookies ensure we can recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytical – These cookies are used to collect information about how people access our website – for example, the number of online users, how long they stay on the site for, and what parts of the site they visit.
- Tracking – These cookies are used to collect data from users such as their activity on a website, browsing history, geographic location, purchase trends, and more.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Soilmates has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Postal address: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, PO Box 93374, 2509 AJ DEN HAAG
Phone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00