With cooler weather upon us, comfort eating is an essential way of getting through the darker days. And what could be more comforting than a meal of crispy gnocchi, roasted pumpkin and creamy cheese? This recipe from Vivian Secrève (The Daily Dutchy) combines all that and then some, so that we’re left with what can only be described as wholesomeness in a bowl.
(Replace the burrata with vegan mozzarella and the butter with Healthy Oil and you’ve got yourself an equally delicious vegan version.)
Makes: 2 portions
You will need:
- 400g pumpkin, peeled* and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons Healthy Oil
- 30g fresh sage leaves
- A generous knob of butter
- 400g gnocchi
- 125g burrata
- 40g pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray, add pumpkin and a spoonful of Healthy Oil. Toss for an even spread.
- Bake pumpkin for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add sage and fry until crispy.
- Remove sage and set aside. Add gnocchi to the pan, along with a spoonful of Healthy Oil and a sprinkle of salt. Fry until the inside of the gnocchi is soft, and the outside golden and crunchy – around 10 minutes.
- Plate the pumpkin and gnocchi, top with torn chunks of burrata and crispy sage, sprinkle over pine nuts and drizzle with the remaining Healthy Oil.
- Season and enjoy!
*Don’t throw out that pumpkin skin: whip up some crispy chips for a waste-free side dish.
Why Healthy Oil, as opposed to any other oil, you might wonder? Well, ‘any other oil’ isn’t made from nutrient-dense avocados. ‘Any other oil’ isn’t pressed from rescued ‘ugly’ fruit, nor is it jam-packed with omegas, antioxidants and vitamin E. And do the nutrients of ‘any other oil’ stay intact when going up against sky-high cooking temperatures? Didn’t think so. That’s why we like to say Healthy Oil is the healthiest oil in town. Good for both body and soil. Find out more here.