Whether you’re after a pasta sauce, salad dressing or sandwich spread, fresh basil pesto is hard to beat. Below you’ll find a classic pesto recipe, with a twist: the addition of Healthy Oil – 100% avocado oil – gives this kitchen essential an added boost of vitamin E.
You will need:
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups basil leaves
- ¾ cup Healthy Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Dry-fry pine nuts in a pan on medium-low heat, stirring regularly, until golden brown. Cool.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add Parmesan and garlic, and pulse until ground.
- Add basil, and turn the processor on. With the lid on, slowly and consistently pour in Healthy Oil until the pesto is smooth.
- Season with salt
- Spread on a sandwich or store in the fridge in an airtight container – top up with a drizzle of Healthy Oil to prevent oxidation – for up to one week.
Did you know that with every bottle of Healthy Oil bought you’re also saving 30 ‘ugly’ avocados from going to waste? Find out more about the ugly avo’s journey, and do your bit and stock up on a bottle or two.