There are few better smells in the kitchen than that of roasted garlic. Add a hint of spice, a drizzle of Healthy Oil, and moreish melted cheese, and you have hit peak comfort food levels. This cheesy roasted garlic bread roll recipe from @karinpauw does just that.
Makes: 8 portions
You will need:
- 2 bulbs fresh garlic
- 10ml Healthy Oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- A dab of semi-skimmed butter
- 4 wholemeal partially baked (afbak) bread rolls
- 40g mature cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place a sheet of baking paper on top of a sheet of aluminium foil. Slice off the top of one garlic bulb and position in the middle of the sheet. Drizzle with 3ml Healthy Oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fold the foil so that the bulb is completely encased. Repeat for the remaining bulb. Bake both for 1 hour, until golden and soft.
- Let sit until cool enough to handle. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the remaining 4ml of Healthy Oil, salt and chilli flakes, and mix.
- Slice the rolls in half, spread with butter and top with cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 200 degrees, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Top with fresh parsley, and enjoy on its own or serve with soup.
Substituting your go-to cooking oil with Healthy Oil means adding all the health benefits of avocado to your meals. Ugly avocado, in fact. That’s because every bottle is packed with the power of 30 rescued avos. Saved from the mountains of rejected avos at the port in Rotterdam. Find out more about their journey and Soilmates’ fight against food waste, pick up a bottle, or check out more avocado oil-based recipes on our site. Happy cooking!